The difference for Every Body we serve is YOU. Together, we can positively change the lives of those struggling with eating disorders.
MEDA relies on private grants and donations to reach more people regardless of income, age or location. Join us on our journey and donate today…
- Make a One-Time Donation: Your one-time gift will help support our day-to-day operations or can offer support to a specific program.
- Make a recurring Donation: Set up a sustaining gift to support MEDA all year long.
- Send a check: payable to…. MEDA 1320 Centre St Newton MA 02459
- PayPal: MEDA accepts donations through the PayPal Giving Fund.
- Other Ways to Give
- Matching Gifts and Workplace Payroll Deduction Programs: Double your impact – click here for a partial list of companies that match donations or check with your employer.
- Gift of Stocks, Securities and DAF’s: Make a donation through your Donor Advised Fund (DAF), publicly traded stocks, bonds and mutual fund. DAF DIRECT LINK
- Honor a loved one or friend with a BIRD, LEAF, OR PLAQUE on THE ALICIA HOLMES TREE OF HOPE. MEDA dedicated the Alicia Holmes Tree of Hope on May 3, 2018. Find out more HERE.
- Tribute and Memorial Gifts: Make a donation in Honor or Memory of a loved one, friend or co-worker. MEDA will send an acknowledgement to the identified person or family.
Your Donations help grow MEDA’s impact:
- Address the Need for Services: Expand available individual treatment; additional groups; incorporate different therapeutic modalities; and expand our geographic service areas.
- Reach and Educate More Professionals: increase community training to improve the identification and treatment of those with eating disorders.
- Develop targeted outreach: to better serve marginalized communities including LGBTQIA+ (representing 20% of our clients); BIPOC; those in larger bodies; and those that lack access to care.
THANK YOU for your support!
“I honestly can’t thank MEDA and my counselor enough for setting me on the path to recovery
– something I didn’t think was possible, before.” – A MEDA Client